29 5 / 2012
You called me over when I was young and told me you wanted to see how strong I was. I was eager to impress you so I obliged. You told me to put my hand in front of my face and try to keep it there, while you tried to pull it away.
I thought I was doing so well as I strained against your arm. Until you let go. And I hit myself so hard I ended up on the ground with a bleeding nose.
You helped me up, after you’d finished laughing, and said “Let that be a lesson. Trust no one. Not even me.”
Despite what had happened, there was more love in that sentence than a thousand bed time stories."
- alaklein likes this
- strangelyanonymous likes this
- naylufar reblogged this from simplymayrah
- naylufar likes this
- unmastered-vocabulary reblogged this from simplymayrah
- dlovepomeranz likes this
- thewordiswhimsical likes this
- alexithymiabrandon reblogged this from simplymayrah
- alexithymiabrandon likes this
- sinners-sanction likes this
- whatwouldkimdo likes this
- in-thebellyofashark likes this
- petuniababy likes this
- simplymayrah posted this